Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just brought a Fujitsu P42HHA10 plasma. I also use plasma to view TV(not HDTV, just normal TV program). I am using a Sony VCR as the tuner to pass the TV video to the plasma.

I am going to build a HTPC too. I would like to ask, can I use the HTPC to scale the TV image and display it in the plasma? Will the TV image quality improve(cos I know TV image quality is not good to display in plasma). Any software or hardware I need to add in order to do so?

Or is there any suggestions which can improve the TV image quality which display on plasma?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Depending on whether or not you can pick up the over the air (OTA) signals for your areas channels (if available), you could purchase a HDTV tuner card for your PC. It will pick up the both the standard definition and high definition signals from an antenna.

I just purchased a "MyHD" card and the picture is amazing. I live in the Chicago area so I think all of the regular analog channels have a digital counterpart.

I would also look into a program called "Powerstrip" for the resizing of your desktop area to the proper settings for your plasma.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.