AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which, in your opinion, is better for watching DVDs? I know this is a Plasma forum...but please try to be honest and unbias as possible. ;)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just an opinion..nothing more. Between rear projection and plasma, the rear projection is probably the better value..dollar paid and screen size received. On an obsolute basis, probably, the plasma will give you better overall picture. Remember, take any comments on here as opinions. Go to the projector site or direct view site and they will prefer their displays. Best way for a new buyer is to go around and view as many different displays as possible..read up on the displays..consider price and where you buy it..and, then, make up your own mind. It is your money, afterall. Happy Viewing. Bottom line, buy a tv display as you would a car.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Kain,

I had a Pioneer Elite RPTV and was very happy with it. Lightning killed it so I had to decide what to purchase with the $$$. We watch many DVD's and have a modest collection compiled over time of about 350.

We replaced the RPTV with a Panasonic plasma. I was never unhappy with my Pioneer and wouldn't have bought the plasma when I did except for the lighning loss. The plasma provides a more impressive picture to me than the RPTV. There is a certain "wow" factor with the plasma and the room's ambient light doesn't have as much of an effect on it. DVD's look great.

Plasmas present whole different set of problems to consider that the RPTV didn't - most notably for me - where to put the center speaker.

I've been using the Panasonic DVD RP91 player.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.