AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma that I am going to wall mount. I wanted to know if there are any general guidelines as to the height from the floor to the bottom, or top that the TV should be. The mount I bought does tilt 15 degrees, but I was unsure of what height is best so I don't end up with a stiff neck. Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well there are a couple of ways to aproach this.

Most people asume that because there traditional tube display was 25inches off the floor that a plasma should be also. What gets lost is that a tube is that low because its almost imposible to get it any higher due to how big and heavy they are. The only real determining factor should be what is a comfortable viewing hight. Traditionaly the "correct hight" was eye level while sitting down. Most people agree that having to tilt you head back is a bad idea. What must be kept in mind is that the angle diminishes over distance. So, if you sit 10feet away, having the display mounted high is not as big a deal as if you sat 3 feet away.

Another thing to consider is that on a blank wall, a plasma does not look right mounted at traditional tube hights. It looks like a picture mounted to low. If there are things around the dispay it lessens this, however most that use wall mounts tend to mount the display higher.

I mounted my 42 around 45inchs from the floor...

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7494/dsc003776gh.jpg

At my nearest seating position (around 6feet) there is no problem viewing the display, and at my furthest (15feet) it is excelent.

It is realy a matter of preference. The only thing to look out foor is positioning it as such that a person has to tilt there head up to view. Beyond that its a matter of asthetics, and which you perfer. Check out the gallery and look at what people have done. To me, a wall mount should be done like a peice of art. If I wanted it at seating eye level then I would have just gotten a stand of some sort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.