AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Hooker Furniture HDTV Entertainment Center #545-55-232. Any caveats to placing a plasma TV into a entertainment center with closing pocket style doors? I am mostly concerned with ventilation issues and it's potential long term effects on the TV.

The plasma TV would be mostly encased with some marginal ventilation from the cut out holes at the back of the entertainment center. The doors would be shut when the plasma is not operating to minimize what my wife refers to as the "black-hole-dorm-room look".

I have not chosen a specific plasma TV but I plan on filling as much of the available TV area as possible (available TV area is 43.5" Width, 32"Height, Depth 21.25").

I would appreciate any further suggestions for an appropriate set that would fit this specific area. Thank you for any replies.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You should have no problems as long as you have a few inches around the set. You could also make the holes larger in back for more air flow. You wont be able to see them with the plasma in place.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.