AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has installed a plasma on one of these extension arms... Specifically, the ones with an elbow that seem to allow around 30" of total movement for the mounted monitor.

(1) What size plasma did you use for this? (Screen size and weight)

(2) Which mount did you use? where did you get it? how much?

(3) How was the arm connected to the wall or pole?

(4) Was it secure and safe?

Thanks in advance. I would like to mount a plasma on one of these mounts so it can move away from the mount about 6" and about 24" to the right. Ideally it should be light enough to move so my wife is willing to do it. And strong enough that the plasma never sees the floor. I have full access to the wall (front and back) so I can add some construction to strengthen the mount.

I've been told by a couple of manufacturers there is no problem hanging a 50" plasma on a normal 16" on center normal stud wall... I just can't believe it won't take the wall down once it is extended.

Anyone done this? recommendations?

Thanks,

BigRed

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I should note, I would like to mount a 42" plasma that weighs around 75 lbs. But am also considering a 32" which would be smaller and lighter.

Thanks,

BigRed

·
Registered
407 Posts
That looks like the Peerless unit we have, its built like a tank. So far though we haven't put more than 50# on there. My only complaint is the price for it plus the custom adapter.

·
Registered
698 Posts
The correct term is articulating mount and yes they are very safe and strong and your wife will have no problem turning it.The thing I like about them is you can watch tv in the living room and at dinner time turn your plasma towards the dining room table.No more eating in front of the tv. Bm

·
Registered
764 Posts
I got a 50" Panny on an articulating mount. It's solid. I think the weight of the arm itself is something like 65 lbs, it's welded heavy-gauge steel.

I must admit it took a few weeks till the butterflies in my stomach went away, I was convinced the whole thing would come crashing down. But I've had it for 5 months now and it's doing fine.

I'd say the Peerless mount is very high quality and would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I used the Premier 'Tri-pivot' arm for my 433CMX and have been very happy with it. I posted a picture of the plasma here although you can't see the mount behind it.

We got a bit punchy in that thread...

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
I placed a Fujitsu 6101 (135 lbs.)on the above peerless, for two months...

Not Earthquake ready, the metal was flexing a bit, but it held ok.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Peter,

What is the story with plasma grove?I know you had a falling out but I was wondering if things worked out? Thanks bm

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Thanks for asking Bat Man...

Grove Plasma was a victim of the longshoremen's strike. We were just simply unable to provide the clientele with any Fujitsu product during the holidays.

I now have partnered with a local AV custom installation company (fujitsu/luce/panny) A/V gallery in Key Biscayne. I am working on a new website , and should have it up by summer. Also have completed three very nice Multi-plasma installations since, some with fujitsu, panasonic, and a LUCE 61" (not that bad). I have also upgraded a very cool 1,000,000 system that was originally done in 1994.

It is very tough to make a living selling Fujitsu only though. First the strike, and now there is a total drought of 61" screens because of a reported fire at NEC, and the fact that NEC would rather sell two 42 inchers than a 61".

I am proposing to LUCE to make me my own plasma using hand picked Samsung 63" units as a basis. We'll see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.