AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey is there any high end plasma with a higher refresh rate than 60hz for regular content? I ask this because I find I can still detect flicker (like viewing pc crt's @ 60 hz) with the regular plasmas, especially when the screen is predominantly brighter/whiter. I think the panasonic v10 runs at 96hz but this is only activated during 24p playback but goes back to 60hz for regular content. And also the pioneers use 72hz for 24p playback but again only uses that in that mode and reverts to 60 for normal content?

If you cannot see the difference in pc crts @ 60hz vs 120hz then you probably just wont be able to see it. Does anyone else notice this flicker that has their pc crt set at 100hz+ ? They should make plasmas that are 120hz all the time ! is there one ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
A CRT computer monitor @ 60hz drives me completely up the wall in seconds, and I have been know to go around adjusting people's monitors that I am in the same room with (and not using) to eliminate this. Even from the corner of my eye it irritates me.

That said neither of my plasmas exhibit that issue. My Sammy A650 and my Panny X1 are perfect in that regard. Perhaps you are more sensitive than most, but for me it's a non issue.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wait, what? My eyes are really sensitive on a CRT monitor running at 60hz. In fact, it has to be above 85hz so I don't get eye strain - I know immediately if a CRT is below 85. Does this mean my eyes will detect this on a Plasma?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts