AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Anyone out there notice that plasma yellows are slightly greenish? Depending on the yellow, my Panny TH-42PX25U/P shows them slightly greenish...usually lighter, more lemon yellows are greenish and golder, more reddish yellows are correctly yellow. Is this inherent in plasmas?

This is also more noticeable on 480P than 480I or 1080I input/material. I have checked this out on plasmas from many manufacturers - Panny, Pioneer, Toshiba, Sony. Pioneers have an overall greenish tint to them to my eyes. I also am on my fourth Panny - 1st 37" was damaged, 2nd I exchanged for a 42", first 42" buzzed badly and was overall greenish, this 42" is quiet and neutral overal. The greeish yellows were present on all, especially 480P. The Panny has four presets - Standard, Vivid, Auto, and Cinema. It also has three color temps for each - Cool, Normal, Warm. Standard/Normal is the most greenish.

Anyone that has had an ISF calibration...is this adjustable/correctable? If you put in Avia, how do the color bars look on your plasmas -- calibrated or not, 480I vs 480P?

Just curious...

Cory

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.