AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a 50" plasma to go with my ax10i (which i believe to be like the american vsx-49-txi) thx ultra 2 amp, doe's anybody out there know if the cmx (or mxe as its known in the uk) is any good for home a theater instilation, and also if the focous enhancements centre stage 1 video scaler is any good. any other sugestions on external video scalers would be helpfull. Any help would be appreciated. Miniman.England

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
A more descriptive thread title will get you more responses.

If you spend much time reading threads here, you'll see that many people have the 503CMX and like it. I have the 433CMX and am very pleased with it. Note that you need some kind of input card to enable it to display video - either the Pioneer PDA-5002 or the Aurora or Key Digital cards. Do a search and you'll find loads of information on these.

Welcome to the board. You'll find people are very willing to help you as long as you put a bit of effort into finding answers yourself.

Reading the Plasma FAQ is a good start, and the Brand-specific FAQ is also a must-read.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry I am a bit new to this, I only bought my first dvd player 6 months ago and things have escalated since then(I'm on my third now) I have now started to have a look around this forum and have found out more in half a day and i have in months off various so called expert dealers who just seem interested in taking your money.

I have a 503 hd(e) but this is going back because I can't do anything else to inprove the picture, such as add a scaler because I have found out the panel is not pal progressive compatable. I am thinking of the 503 cmx with the pda 5002 video card and untill I get the scaler I will use the amp as a video switching box, but before I went out and bought the pdp I was just wondering what people thought of the panels that they have as I thought this this was the best way of finding out what is what.

Thanks and I will try better next time:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sounds like you have a good plan.

I have the 503cmx with the 5002. I use my reviecer to switch composite and s-video. I have my progessive scan DVD hooked directly to input 2. I am extremely happy with my setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to hear you like your cmx, It looks like the one to get, Having read a few of the threads it seems like a lot of people are happy with their plasmas. I just can't get my head around how many people have plasmas in the us, they are not common yet in the uk. As I only got my first dvd player a few months ago I'm on a bit of a learnig curve at the moment, but I am enjoying the ride.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My current set up consists of:

pioneer 757 A i dvd

pioneer vsx-a10 i thx ultra 2 amp

bose acoustimass 15(C/rears and surround back)

2x linn unik(L/R)

Rell Q150E sub

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by miniman
I just can't get my head around how many people have plasmas in the us, they are not common yet in the uk.
I don't think they're "common" here either. Probably most owners are on this board, so they just seem common.:) [I exagerate.]

I don't know anyone else who owns one, though everyone who sees my 433CMX wants one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.