Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow,

I was really surprised when I came across the Target website. They carry many units including Panasonic, JVC, and Philip's just to name a few. I know that Walmart plans to get serious in this market but was surprised at the diversity of the Target offering right now. Prices don't' look that good. I plan on stopping buy my local store to see if they have any of these units on display.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:
Prices don't' look that good
YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT THEY DON'T!! Target wants $8,000 for Panasonic's 50" HDTV plasma that is available as shown on pricegrabber.com for under $5,000. DAMN, Target is greedy and thinks big bux shoppers are stupid.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The following brands make some sense at target due to their "low" price: Viewsonic, Daewoo, Norcent, SVA. I don't see the JVS, Panasonics, Toshiba's doing much based on their higher than other B&M prices.

I am interested to see if they start carrying some in store though.

JCPZero

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was most surprised to see a commercial panny on their list.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Based upon Target's on-line prices, I wonder who would waste their time (not to mention their money) shopping for a Plasma screen at this retailer? Who working for Target determined these uncompetitive prices?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i dont understand why people even buy electronics like these from retailers like target and walmart.

you go to their store and see they have their hdtv's hooked up to progressive scan dvd payers using composite cable. ask them the simplest question regarding home theatre equipment and they give you a deer in the headlights look.

and i dont know anyone nuts enough to buy one of these $2500+ tv's (lcd-plasma-dlp) without some sort of extended warranty...

you've got plasmas that are buggy by nature...lcd's that are bigger than ever and basically unproven in these larger sizes and dlp's/rplcd's with their bulb issues, and unknowing customers going to target assuming it is solid state like their 20yr old crt sony they had.

i hope more people stick to traditional high end big box retailers:BBY/CC/Frys/Tweeter or GG so they can atleast get the right connections for their HD's and not screwed on the price!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Plasmas at selling at a B&M Target will help with the WAF. Look honey, plasma TVs are so popular they are even selling at Target and Walmart. The only downside from the wife for target plasmas: Why would you want that expensive Pansonic when you can get this much cheaper SVA?

Can you tell its been a rough WAF day!

JCPZero

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by optivity
Ah Yes... The WAF factor... Making me delay my purchase until at least 02/2005.
Same here, WAF of $2K at a B&M store. That's OK, gives me time to work on a future HDMI switching receiver and future HDMI DVD changer.

JCPZero

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.