AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Bush Intercontinental Airport Continental Airlines is using a Series of 4 plasma displays to show the status of arriving and departing flights. I saw them near the electronic check-in kiosks at Terminal C. They are mounted with the wide screen in the vertical axis. I couldn't which brand/model they were.

I wonder if they will have problems with burn-in?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I saw the PWD5UY at Bush airport at the vendor that rents DVD movies and players for your plane trip - terminal C I believe.

I happened to be in Seattle and Boeing Tour Tourist trap building (where they sell all the pencils and model air planes) had the Panny on display too with Blue Angels fighter jets zooming around.

In both cases the image feeds were analog source (amazing the store with DVD movies was playing regular tv) and enjoyable enough to keep me glued watching for 20 minutes.

No static images being shown though.

Check out the plasma at Bush in the baggage claim area in Continental Express terminal B. They have a CNN feed (or airport news channel) and I don't recall any burn-in, but there was some real f***ed up pixels and color issues all over...I just can't remember what brand of television it was.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Toronto also uses Plasmas in its airport as does Calgary. They are almost all NECs and do have some burn in with otu question. They have those airline schedules running all day long. Although clearly legible, I also saw what appeared to be loss of brightness from my guestamation. There are a LOT more than 4 in use BTW.

·
Registered
388 Posts
At Newark (EWR), there use to be Panasonic TH42pwd5uy's at

security check points in terminal 3 (Continental) . But i noticed

yesterday they were missing.

TSA = thousands standing around

Jim

Oh i forgot to say someone stole at night

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.