AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried posting this under amps, receivers etc but got no replies so I thought I would try here.

I am considering changing from 2-250w sub plate amps that I have for two 12" Titanic subs in EBS enclosures to a Pro amp such as a Behringer Europower, QSC Crown etc. I also have a Behringer Feedback Destroyer, my concern is getting the same flexibility for adjustment for phase adjustement and whether this would be much of an upgrade. Should I consider having a second BFD? I would like to at least double my power to 500w a channel. The subs are located in the front and the rear of the room and my receiver is a Denon 3805. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Doubling the wattage will only increase your max SPL by 3db. Not worth doing unless you are actually clipping the plate amps.

As for a 2nd BFD, not needed. You can use the BFD in stereo mode to eq 2 subs separately. Just press L and setup the filters, then press R to setup the other sub. Then press both to have both enabled. Just be sure you setup the filters separately or it will copy the settings to both (called coupled mode).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anybody have any input on how to adjust phase when using Pro amps?

·
Registered
5,828 Posts

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
or reverse the polarity for a 180 degree phase shift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.