AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend sent me the movie trailers from the Super Bowl on CD and I would like to play these files, but, don't know what program I need to do it with. I don't have an HD capture card, but, tried to use MyHD program and didn't work, it looks for the card. Anyone know what else I could try?

John

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can use VideoLAN to playback .ts files. It is freeware and available at:

http://www.videolan.org/

BTW, it is a software player that doesn't use any hardware assist like the MyHD card so you'll need a fairly powerful computer to run it without stuttering.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Windvd 4 (not platnium, no video) can play .ts/.tp/.trp files if you rename to .trp

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Windows Media Player will only play a transport stream if you have the appropriate filters on your system. (transport stream demux, video & audio decoders) These filters do not come with Windows or WMP.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Also how are you getting 1080i ??

I dont use interlaced rez's but I thought they were impossible with current driver sets.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I would like more HD clips, too!!!!

(Hi Gruson, check your PM)

Nicholas

·
Registered
153 Posts
Me too.

Especially the superbowl ones.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Phat Phreddy
Also how are you getting 1080i ??

I dont use interlaced rez's but I thought they were impossible with current driver sets.

The ATI component dongle allows interlaced resolutions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
WM9 will play back the *.ts files if you install some codecs.

Try www.elecard.com

I still get stutter with WM9 and elecard's sw player on my P4 2.4 1gig ram ATI AIW9700, Audigy 2 Platinum but only with files with AC3 sound.

DVD's, VOB's, and DVD-A sounds great. Does WM9 not use hardware acceleration with the elecard codec?

I'm dl'ing DVICO Fusion HDTV player now. Supposed to be HW accelerated.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
DVICO Fusion HDTV player is a demo and is limited to 2 minutes.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fasan
WM9 will play back the *.ts files if you install some codecs.

Try www.elecard.com

I still get stutter with WM9 and elecard's sw player on my P4 2.4 1gig ram ATI AIW9700, Audigy 2 Platinum but only with files with AC3 sound.

DVD's, VOB's, and DVD-A sounds great. Does WM9 not use hardware acceleration with the elecard codec?

I'm dl'ing DVICO Fusion HDTV player now. Supposed to be HW accelerated.
Fasan - where are the codecs located? At www.elecard.com? If so can you be more specific where on that site - I went there but did not see anything obvious about codec downloads. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.