Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just build a new PC specially to play .TS files. Now at the resolution of [email protected] the playback stutters.

I am new to .ts playback so I have some questions:

- what kind of PC is required for this resolution - should my system be OK?

- what's the best player for .ts movies

System:

Chaintech 7NJS Ultra ZENITH, nForce2

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ running as 3200+ (Barton), FSB200

ATI Radeon 9700Pro (Cat. 3.7) & MP Mod.

512 MB RAM (Dual Channel), CL2.5

120 GB HD ATA-100

TheaterTek DVD Player

PowerStrip 3.45

Immersive H3D I

XP Pro SP1 & HotFixes, DX9b

Sony G90

Thanks for any help.

Christian

·
Registered
502 Posts
Quote:
at the resolution of [email protected]60hz the playback shutters
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding from tinkering with and reading about Powerstrip--which I know you're not using here, but still--is that 1080i happens @30Hz. If you want to go 60Hz, you need 540p (see this thread ), or did I get this totally wrong?

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I think the bigger question is:

Which hardware do you need for which filters? They are not all created equally. Clearly the FusionII software has "magic" demuxers that allows 2ghz machines to play smoothly yet Elecard stutters at 1080i on a 3ghz

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

Yes I use Powerstrip latest version. I added the resolution as HDTV Derived (something...) and this maybe 30Hz... - Sorry

I only want to play software (films.ts) so the hardware I want to use is the above mentioned PC.

Thanks.

Christian

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The real problem is the right software combination of filters, demuxers and players.... What seems to work for some doesn't work for others. So, get the fastest machine you can afford with an ATI video card and a week off work to learn about graphedit and all the various filters etc.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
It is unclear to me what the software players do with 1080i. Since most HDTV movies are not telecined with proper repeat flags it is possible that some software players may try to bob/weave them to 60 fps. And the CPU effort to try to IVTC them without flags would maybe be similar.

- Tom

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sjchmura
I think the bigger question is:

Which hardware do you need for which filters? They are not all created equally. Clearly the FusionII software has "magic" demuxers that allows 2ghz machines to play smoothly yet Elecard stutters at 1080i on a 3ghz
Sorry but this is not true.

The problem here is not the cpu speed, but the video/audio clock...

For example, on my PC, Elecard runs at 25% cpu use and VLC at 10-15%... VLC stutters a LOT and Elecard just a little...

I agree that the FusionII software seems to be the best, on my PC at least.

The problem is that you need to buy the card to get it, so I can only test with the demo (no s/pdif) !

Btw I could not find the DirectShow filter for their demux !!! (to use it with ZP).

I wish I could try the full version of the software but I have no use at all for the card, I'm in Europe :(

I think I tried every single software to playback ts files correctly, and none of them works perfectly on my PC. I changed almost everything in my PC (ok let's say everything) and I still have stutters on big and slow pans...

My PC is a P4C [email protected], 512Mo, Radeon 9700 Pro and WinXP SP1.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.