AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone had issues with the playback mode? Mine worked fine for a year, but recently it will not show anything in the playback mode. However, the recording did work as I was able to download what I had recorded. Someone suggested that it is simply a loose internal connector, which can loose? Any help out there?...thanks

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex-k  /t/1471926/playback-mode#post_23293948

Hello,

Has anyone had issues with the playback mode? Mine worked fine for a year, but recently it will not show anything in the playback mode. However, the recording did work as I was able to download what I had recorded. Someone suggested that it is simply a loose internal connector, which can loose? Any help out there?...thanks

Playback mode on what?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Judging by his post history, it's probably the TM900 he's referring to.

Seams like something that would need servicing.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Have you tried both the view finder and the screen. I would also try hooking up the camcorder to a TV and put the camcorder in playback mode to see if the TV will show the recorded footage. This is all to narrow down what might be causing the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response. I checked the playback mode on the flip-out LCD screen and then in the view finder eye piece. The result was - no playback in either. However, I noticed that in the playback mode I could shoot a video and take a photos. It seems that the the switch to the playback mode could be the problem - it is not switching over to playback. Do you know if the swith is connected to an internal plug inside the cover? I saw one thread where the individual said he opened the cover and "pushed" in a wire/or plug?? Unfortunatley, I am not sure if he was speaking specifically about the Tm900....alex

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
What you could do is look for someone who knows how to put electronics apart and put it back together and see if they could open it for you to see if anything is eighter loose or broken. You'll obviously need the service manual and doing a quick search online, I found it. http://elektrotanya.com/panasonic_hdc-sd900_tm900_sm.pdf/download.html

Obviously the other way is by sending it to a Panasonic authorized repair center but for sure if you know someone who's good with opening up electronics, it might save you some money if it's just something simple to do inside. For sure theirs always a chance they could make it worse than it already is so theirs obviously a risk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts