AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to play some footage on my OPPO 970. The sound was fine, but no picture (this is the first problem I've encounted with OPPO).

Here info about file:

File : 2.44 GB (1023 MB), duration: 0:58:16, type: AVI, 1 audio stream(s),

Video : 863 MB, 2073 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 1440*1080 (4:3), XVID = XVID Mpeg-4,

Audio : 160 MB, 384 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x2000 = AC3 DVM

Any ideas? What are my options, if any?

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what basically OPPO support says. "The DV-970HD has a maximum decode resolution of 720x480 pixels. If the resolution is larger than this resolution cap, then the video will not properly decode"

But I'm not really follow that. Why the player is able to display JPEG with much higher resolution, but the video? Or that limitation is just for decoding DIVX, XVID?

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugin /forum/post/0

That's what basically OPPO support says. "The DV-970HD has a maximum decode resolution of 720x480 pixels. If the resolution is larger than this resolution cap, then the video will not properly decode"

But I'm not really follow that. Why the player is able to display JPEG with much higher resolution, but the video? Or that limitation is just for decoding DIVX, XVID?

Because JPEG images don't require continuous real-time playback. The 720 x 480 resolution has to be generated 30 time per second. But if you just want to display a JPEG image that is higher resolution, who is going to notice if it takes 2 or 3 frame times to decode and display it?

There is a fixed amount of processing power in the decoder chips, and most of them can only support real time (30fps) playback for SD resolutions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.