AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
What is the resolution of the clips you are viewing (720p, 1080p)? What hardware are you running? What software are you using to view the files?

You need to be a little more specific when asking these types of questions. Also, try using the "search" function for terms like "WMV studder".

Welcome to AVSForums.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My HTPC: Mainboard Soyo K7VME, Processor AMD Sepron 1.3MHz,GeForce 6200 Video card,Memory 512MB, Lite_On SOHC-5236 DVD Drive, op system windows XP pro, DirectX Ver. 9.0c.

I have a JVC DLA-20 Projector with 8' X 12' screen, monitor speakers, Sony Reciever.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
How much memory on your 6200 card?

Decoding of 1080i programs takes more work by either you graphics card and/or by your software decoder package then do 720p programs since no de-interlacing or motion compensation work is required with 720p programs. And if you rdecoder or graphics card can't keep up with the input data rate then frames will be dropped and stuttering can occur when too many frames are being dropped.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Easy test - try the 720p version, if it works fine but you get stuttering with the 1080p version then your equipment is not up to the task. At a glance, it doesn't look like your processor has the juice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.