AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I do get playboy for the articles ;)

In the January 2003 issue page 34 talks about the new D-VHS and D-Theater formats. It's titled "Is DVD Over Already?"

One interesting comment was "There are currently about 150 titles available.." I wonder where they are! I thought there were only about 15 titles available.

The article also says "Steer clear of D-VHS until you are one of the 2 million HDTV owners".

I wish we had 150 titles.

Jeff

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
It's more than 15, more like low 30s now I think, though I've not checked in a few weeks. But it definitely ain't 150 by any stretch of the imagination, unless they are also including non-DTheater specific titles perhaps.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
All I know is that Hugh Heffner knows something we don't know. So if he says there are 150 titles, there are 150 titles.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Or, to put it more succinctly, if I had that kind of job, I wouldn't care less if I was right or wrong.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe Hef is going to be releasing the other 130 titles ;)

Kipp,

I sent you a PM.

Jeff

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Actually, since I subscribe to Breast Implants Weekly, I can tell you that the latest and greatest technology is jell based, not silicon based anymore!

:cool:

·
Registered
28,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
Dean,

I gave myself away. I'm really out of the loop since I'm a baby got back kinda guy!:D

Art
Careful Art....that was the type of language that got the late, lamented "Serena Williams at the U.S. Open" thread closed...:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Problem I have is the reactionary title of the article. "Is DvD over?"

I guess blue laser DvD has pretty much flown outside of this writer's radar. I always like to see such informed writing.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
"""Maybe Hef is going to be releasing the other 130 titles .."""

that would be a nice start :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.