AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a player that supports Advanced SubStation Alpha subtitles. So far, I've seen that AC Ryan and Western Digital clearly state they have players with *.ass subtitle support. Does anyone know offhand any other players under $200 with this functionality?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'll second that-another that's good is the EG-R1 with the latest firmware-1.5.0.29, it supports 2 subs at once. Ie-if someone is talking and song lyrics are being displayed at the same time. Very good for subbed anime.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The WDTV Live supports it, but does a crap job. No font, color, position or multi-sub support. Like if there are translation notes along with dialogue, it just picks one, usually the translation notes at that which causes me to miss certain lines. It displays all subtitles in the default white font that the device supports which is terrible for scenes with a lot of white.

How is the Boxee Box in regards to tag, font, color, position, etc.? I was thinking of getting one after some of the new product blues have been ironed out but if it does a poor job just like the WDTV then I might as well stick to what I got since it was only $99.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts