AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Skyworth has it as does the EAD.

What others exist and what chip are they using?

Your help is greatly appreciated !!!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Do you need progressive?

If not, then EVERY player costing more than $400 sold in Europe for the past four years supports RGB output. RGB is the standard output format of dvd players in Europe. Only some cheesy-cheap players only output s-video and do not offer RGB at all.

Almost all European dvd players are also hackable (via hardware mod or remote control) to all-region.

However, only a precious few will support PAL progressive via RGB output after being hacked (apparently Arcam FMJ DV-27 does this).

cheers,

Halcy

·
Registered
819 Posts
H8nXTC,

VGA (din type 15-pin connector) is an interface/connector specification.

It can carry both RGBHV and Y/Pb/Pr component signals.

SCART (Euro) connector usually gives out RGsB and/or S-video signals

You can convert between RGsB and RGBHV.

The players I know of that output PAL Prog through RGB (either variant) either use VGA (e.g. Skyworth) or SCART (e.g. Arcam FMJ DV 27).

cheers,

Halcy

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would like to run the progressive output of a player directly to my projector which does not accept component in.

I am currently using an EAD P vision but have used the skyworth in the past. I was hoping to add an additional player with similar capabilities.

Sorry for not being clearer

Thanks

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Daewoo 9000N is another with 15-D VGA connector and progressive output. It has progressive-only component also. It sells for $140 on Amazon. It's hackable to be region free and macrovision free. Quality control is poor so there is a 50/50 chance of a bad unit.

Nintaus, Malata are a few others with VGA output.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.