AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have my PS3 connected to my Anthem D2 via HDMI. Everything is working fine.

However, whenever I try to play audio files, sent via WMP 11 Connect, the PS3 is not sending them in PCM 2.0 format, but rather 5.1 format. The next effect is that I'm only getting stereo sound from my mains and nothing from the rest of my speakers, since the D2 thinks it's getting a multichannel signal.

If it were to receive a 2.0 signal, then it would be able to apply its processing to send the signal through all of my speakers.

Anyone find a way to work around this?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
id you are getting this issue with both systems (as evidenced from your similar post in the 360 thread, its probably FFMpeg on your pc.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
This is an issue that people have complained about since the launch. When playing back a stereo audio file, the PS3 will play it as multichannel PCM, with the front L&R speakers active and the other speakers getting silence. The only workaround is to disable multichannel PCM when you want to play such a file.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The 360 and PS3 both send 5.1 even if the sound is only stereo, you need to change the settings on both consoles to stereo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts