AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have windows 7 media center, AnydvdHD, power DVD 9 ultra. I am tryong to figure out how to play my BD backups right from my library. I am able to get regular DVDs working fine, All art, and info comes up. With BD i get the artwork and the move info, but when i try and play it, mediacenter closes, then powerdvd opens and says there is no disc. I know i can make it work with virtual drives, but i would like to run everything with media center. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by black3000gt /forum/post/18223821

I have windows 7 media center, AnydvdHD, power DVD 9 ultra. I am tryong to figure out how to play my BD backups right from my library. I am able to get regular DVDs working fine, All art, and info comes up. With BD i get the artwork and the move info, but when i try and play it, mediacenter closes, then powerdvd opens and says there is no disc. I know i can make it work with virtual drives, but i would like to run everything with media center. Any help would be great.

WMC cannot play BR Rips which is why it is opening PDVD. Are your rips ISOs or BDMV folders? If ISOs download and install Virtual Clone so when you play from WMC it gets mounted for PDVD.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would i be better off doing that, or converting to MKV? I don't really care about special features, just want to go right to the main movie.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am tight on space, i currently only have about 3tb for movies. I have about 500 regular dvd's i am in the process of backing up also.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by black3000gt /forum/post/18224116

Would i be better off doing that, or converting to MKV? I don't really care about special features, just want to go right to the main movie.

MKV sounds like the way to go for you. With your requirements I would do it in a heartbeat. There are many MKV guides here and elsewhere.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have no experience with MKV, so don't consider this a recommendation over MKV, but I really like ClownBD for stripping everything except the main movie, main soundtrack and any forced subtitles. You can rip to folders, ISOs and a few other options.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have read about clownBD, i will give it a try, thanks. What size would you say the files are when you are done?

·
Registered
688 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by black3000gt /forum/post/18224227

I have read about clownBD, i will give it a try, thanks. What size would you say the files are when you are done?

It varies quite a bit from disc to disc. I don't encode anything (there are options in ClownBD to encode). 25GB on average? I don't know... kinda tough to get a number.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
If you are tight on space you may want to look into encoding to mkv using a program like Ripbot

Otherwise, if you want to keep a 1:1 copy I would use either MakeMKV, ClownBD, or Another eac3to Gui

·
Registered
567 Posts
Encoding is an option as mentioned before, but everything I hear about encoding is that it takes hours (more than 4 hours). I personally use Clown BD to rip the main movie an best audio track to .ISO. I figure it really is a trade off between the cost of electric bill increase while encoding versus buying new HDD in increase capacity. I also like ISO format because from ISO, if needed I can convert into any format.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts