AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the following is in your opinion a stupid question then forgive me. Last night I found some old DVD's in some forgotten boxes. Since I have no DVDplayer with HDMI I used my laptop to make a nice mkv (MakeMKV) to play it on my Popcorn A-200 and Panasonic TX-P42G20E I am very enthusiastic of the result. It is probably better than the last time I saw that movie ;-)

The SMP8642 does his job, but I am wondered if it is possible to enhance the signal even more? I know a DVD will not become a Bluray. Will studying post-processing avisynth make a big difference? Will spending money to a device with a better chipset make a big difference? And what device would that be?

Note that I live in the Netherlands, it is legal to have a copy of a DVD (thuiskopie) you own.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 /forum/post/20841228

If you really wanted to you get a video processor to put in between your PCH and your TV. For example:
http://www.simplaylabs.com/DVDO/DVDO.aspx#

Without native mode support it would turn out to be a big head ache for most folks though. I dont think folks are going to keep adjusting the video out preferences to match the movies they are playing. If its nothing but DVD's thats certainly an option.

Sean

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_w_smith /forum/post/20842257

Without native mode support it would turn out to be a big head ache for most folks though. I dont think folks are going to keep adjusting the video out preferences to match the movies they are playing. If its nothing but DVD's thats certainly an option.

Sean

Yeah, I was just thinking specifically for DVDs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.