AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I finally found a great app that lets me stream my huge EyeTV and TiVO (via cTiVO) music video library to my iPad without having to convert anything: InfusePro And, bonus: it will play unconverted DVDs & MKVed Blu-rays as well.

The problem that killed VLC and a bunch of there apps on the iPad was that AC3 (Dolby Digital) was taken out of their audio support (to avoid paying DD rights, or getting sued) killing audio on the iPad for MPEG-2 files (such as EyeTV & TiVOs HDTV recordings).

InfusePro does support AC3 and just about every other video & audio codex you can imagine. Highly recommended for iPad users, who want to see their collection via and iPad or AppleTV4 - not just a HDPC-Mac.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just use Plex?
What is the advantage of using Plex instead of Infuse? I tried setting up Plex on my iPad to test it and make sure it works with MPEG-2/AC3 etc. and there didn't seem to be a way to play files stored on my MacPro without also installing a Plex server on my Mac -- in other words far more work than I had to do get Infuse running. Maybe I am missing how to run it, but again, I didn't feel lost with Infuse.

I'm not trying to argue - I simply have very little experience with any of this: I have mainly used the following: EyeTV, cTiVo, DVDPedia & VLC on my Mac; AppleTV 3; iPad with Music, TV, iCloud Drive, TiVo, Netflix, HBO NOW & AmazonPrime apps.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
No subscription needed. I use Plex on all my devices and my Mac Mini is the server and also one of the clients. I have plex on my Samsung UHD player, Fire TV stick, AppleTV 4, iPad, iPhone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts