AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post this However I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I put a bunch of FLAC music files on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) Tablet with the intent of playing them thru my Yamaha RX-V765 receiver.

I bought a monoprice Premium Dual RCA to 3.5mm stereo cable. Plugged it into the head phone jack on my tablet, and into the Audio 1 input on the receiver.

The problem is the volume is really low, I have to turn the receiver up to 0.0 to have normal listening volume, where it normally is between -20.0 to -25

What do I need to add to get the volume levels up? a separate amp, a preamp, a DAC? or what's the best way to go about listening to my music from my tablet thru my receiver.

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
11,749 Posts
I'm not positive about the tablets, but on the phones it usually requires rooting it and doing a volume hack mod.

Before I did that I'd try it via HDMI. It shouldn't be "volume controlled" at that point and I'd bet you get what you want. (plus video). You'll have to look around for what adapter works for your newer note.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Perhaps try a dock connector to HDMI adapter to keep audio in digital domain.

Or, can you try to stream over wireless to a BR player or game console?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack  /t/1520836/playing-flac-files-from-tablet-thru-reciever-issue#post_24435609

I'm not positive about the tablets, but on the phones it usually requires rooting it and doing a volume hack mod.

Before I did that I'd try it via HDMI. It shouldn't be "volume controlled" at that point and I'd bet you get what you want. (plus video). You'll have to look around for what adapter works for your newer note.

I should have thought of this myself. I'll see if I can find an HDMI adaptor and we'll see what happens.

thanks

·
Registered
16,833 Posts
What you did SHOULD work just fine. Where'd you set the volume on the tablet?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim  /t/1520836/playing-flac-files-from-tablet-thru-reciever-issue#post_24435809

What you did SHOULD work just fine. Where'd you set the volume on the tablet?

volume on tablet is maxed out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric2L  /t/1520836/playing-flac-files-from-tablet-thru-reciever-issue#post_24438802

volume on tablet is maxed out.

Oops... I just checked the volume on the tablet, it was about 3/4, must have turned it down without realizing it. Made a pretty good difference, still not like just listening to a CD or the radio, but much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts