Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.. here is my set up.

Sanyo PLV-z1.

HTPC

P4 2.4ghz

512 Mb Ram

Raedeon 9000 w/Catalyst 3.7 drivers Resolution set at 1280X720p through Power Strip.

PowerDVd 5 Codec for DVD play back in Windows media.

For some reason, I cannot get WM9 to play full screen. The dvd picture does not fill up my screen when playing back dvd video. I am at a loss, Ive tried different codecs and tried going to the DVD properties within WM9 with no luck.. It plays fine in PowerDvd, but myHTPC doesn't work the way I want it to with PowerDVD..

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone??

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've messed around with wm9 trying to do what you describe and have little luck. I can't seem to find an option for addressing the AR of the DVD like other standalone players. Too bad, seems like a promising device. :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wonder what the issue is? It has an option for enabling full screen mode switch.. but nothing. And does anyone know a free DVD codec i can try? I cant get SPDIF to work with the new PowerDVD 5 codec.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump, I wont give up that easy1 ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Trey-

Why are you running @ 1280X720p with the PLV-Z1? It's not the native resolution of the projector (960x540), its really easy to setup since you are already have pstrip running. This way you will avoid using the scalers in the projector which could be messing things up. I have never tried to run a DVD with WMP, since I use TheaterTek. I can play normal mpg & divx at full screen resolutions.

Stupid question...are you trying to play a letterbox DVD?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your reply Drpyro.

As to answer your question about 1280x720, its the destop issue. My wife feels comfortable with that resolution. I have tried the 960x540 and it also has the scaling problem with dvd. Doesnt matter what Resolution I use.

I will probably switch to TheaterTek but my wife is getting angry (spending to much money... haha)

And no, this is Purely an anamorphic dvd. It works fine in PowerDVD.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and I plan on buying the Z2

·
Registered
235 Posts
Trey-

Yeah, switch to TheaterTek! It has the cleanest interface of any software DVD players and has loads of hotkeys so you can control it very easily with a IR remote (if you have an IR Airboard keyboard).

What OS are you running? With WinXP you should be able to double click on the movie and it will automatically go to "full Screen". I'll try and play around with it tonight with a DVD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.