AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a hardware media player that can play the HDR-TD10 files.

It's the Zappiti 4K player and it can play the m2ts files directly coming from the HDR-TD10 as 3D.
Its look good on the TV, I think the Zappiti by default deinterlaces it. It's based on the Realtek 1195 chipset.

Now I found after so long searching, I don't seem to find to need anymore. ;-)

I have been comparing direct displaying the files at 50i versus a 720 50p Bluray render from Vegas Pro. I hardly see any difference on the TV honestly.

The weird thing is if I render AVCHD2.0 files using Pinnacle Studio, the player doesn't recognize them as 3D.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
With a 4K player it should also be possibel to render the footage in side-by-side full or top-bottom full. That is possible with 4K capable NLEs like Vegas or Edius.

I have also seen that the 4K-player minix is capable to playback side-by-side full - but with the problem that you have to blow up the render file to UHD really (side by side full is UHD/2).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a 4K player it should also be possibel to render the footage in side-by-side full or top-bottom full. That is possible with 4K capable NLEs like Vegas or Edius.

I have also seen that the 4K-player minix is capable to playback side-by-side full - but with the problem that you have to blow up the render file to UHD really (side by side full is UHD/2).

Thanks for the suggestion. I am already trying this with various options, no success till so far.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I have not developed that into a great detail - since it does not add a lot of value for me at the moment, since my final presentation is in HD only up to now. So to render the footage to MVC and generate a 1080 24p 3D-Bluray with Vegas makes more sense to me - and here my beamer is also able to add frames up to 144 MHz, what delivers a great picture quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not developed that into a great detail - since it does not add a lot of value for me at the moment, since my final presentation is in HD only up to now. So to render the footage to MVC and generate a 1080 24p 3D-Bluray with Vegas makes more sense to me - and here my beamer is also able to add frames up to 144 MHz, what delivers a great picture quality.
Hi Wolfgang,

I want to be able to see 3D footage in 1920x1080 50i/50p.

So far I export out of Vegas xavs as 3840x2160 50p as SBS half. Then I convert the file into HEVC DIVX. The file wil play perfect on the Zappiti player.
However once I set to 3D SBS, it will stutter. You can notice the difference between 720 50p Bluray MVC or this 1920 HD SBS.

Wish my player could play the 3D file. :-(

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hi Wolfgang,

So far I export out of Vegas xavs as 3840x2160 50p as SBS half. Then I convert the file into HEVC DIVX. The file wil play perfect on the Zappiti player.
However once I set to 3D SBS, it will stutter. You can notice the difference between 720 50p Bluray MVC or this 1920 HD SBS.

Wish my player could play the 3D file. :-(
The big bottleneck that prevents you from doing this is the HDMI format which won't allow these high resolution higher frame rates. My editing workstation monitors are connected through the DVI ports. With those ports, there are no silly HDMI restrictions and I've been enjoying being able to play Gopro Dual paired 3D clips at 1080 60p. Using DVI, even Power DVD will play these files perfectly in 3D at 1080 60p. Obviously, this would not happen through an HDMI connected display. If only someone would start offering DVI or Display Port options on non dedicated monitor TVs and projectors and free us from HDMI.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The big bottleneck that prevents you from doing this is the HDMI format which won't allow these high resolution higher frame rates. My editing workstation monitors are connected through the DVI ports. With those ports, there are no silly HDMI restrictions and I've been enjoying being able to play Gopro Dual paired 3D clips at 1080 60p. Using DVI, even Power DVD will play these files perfectly in 3D at 1080 60p. Obviously, this would not happen through an HDMI connected display. If only someone would start offering DVI or Display Port options on non dedicated monitor TVs and projectors and free us from HDMI.
Which file format do you use? To do this? Stereoscop player or PowerDVD is unable to play the UHD files encoded with DivX unfortunalty.
How do you render/encode the files?

Worst case I need to connect a pc to my tv in the living room. :-(

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Which file format do you use? To do this? Stereoscop player or PowerDVD is unable to play the UHD files encoded with DivX unfortunalty.
How do you render/encode the files?

Worst case I need to connect a pc to my tv in the living room. :-(
As I like to take advantage of hardware encoding speeds that Edius or Power Director offer on Intel Quick Sync enabled systems, my files are all H.264 .mp4.

But, keep in mind, regardless of the file format, it is HDMI that will prevent you from viewing a 3D 1080 60p ( or higher res) file at that resolution and frame rate, since this exceeds the HDMI standard.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Two possibilities: use AVCHD 2.0/3D - that is able to export 3D footage as 1080 50i too. Can be done at least by Edius7, Powerdirector and now also by Magix ProX7.

Or export the top-bottom full 3840x2160 50i, and try to playback that with the stereoscopic player by Peter Wimmer.

it is HDMI that will prevent you from viewing a 3D 1080 60p ( or higher res) file at that resolution and frame rate, since this exceeds the HDMI standard.
With HDMI 2.0 UHD 50p/60p will work. But we have not players yet where HDMI is higher then 1.4b - as far as I know. Again something for the future.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Two possibilities: use AVCHD 2.0/3D - that is able to export 3D footage as 1080 50i too. Can be done at least by Edius7, Powerdirector and now also by Magix ProX7.

Or export the top-bottom full 3840x2160 50i, and try to playback that with the stereoscopic player by Peter Wimmer.

With HDMI 2.0 UHD 50p/60p will work. But we have not players yet where HDMI is higher then 1.4b - as far as I know. Again something for the future.
Wolfgang, it is my understanding that the HDMI 2.0 standard didn't expand the 3D protocol at all, but merely adopted the same one that HDMI 1.4 uses. I was really hoping they would have expanded this, but they didn't.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Maybe.

But since we can use sbs-full or top-bottom full within 4K, that should be enough to transport also 2x1920x1080 as UHD-stream.

First of all we will need players that support 50p/60p UHD - even if we could test that now with UHD 24p (since we have players like the minix, not with hdmi 2.0 by now - but enough for 24p I think).

But that are the first ideas only.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe.

But since we can use sbs-full or top-bottom full within 4K, that should be enough to transport also 2x1920x1080 as UHD-stream.

First of all we will need players that support 50p/60p UHD - even if we could test that now with UHD 24p (since we have players like the minix, not with hdmi 2.0 by now - but enough for 24p I think).

But that are the first ideas only.
The Zappiti 4K player I bought, can do 4K UHD. I rendered to 2x1920 and 2x 1080 at 50p. Then set in the player the content to 3D SBS. The player outputs full frame packed 1920 x 1080 in 3D. However it stutters. :-(

For now I can only set to 3D SBS in the TV. But this effectively means 720P as I do not have a 4K TV. :-(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there!
Having read this thread I decided to try another Realtek RTD1195 pleer and bought Mobase M-195 that cost me only $66 including delivery. I found that it can play Sony HDR-TD10 files in 3D, but with a lot of noticeable flickering on fast moving objects. I've tried various firmwares including newest Zappiti 4K pleer firmware, but the problem persists :(
chang69, does your Zappiti 4K play Sony HDR-TD10 files flawless or has it such a problem too?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi there!
Having read this thread I decided to try another Realtek RTD1195 pleer and bought Mobase M-195 that cost me only $66 including delivery. I found that it can play Sony HDR-TD10 files in 3D, but with a lot of noticeable flickering on fast moving objects. I've tried various firmwares including newest Zappiti 4K pleer firmware, but the problem persists :(
chang69, does your Zappiti 4K play Sony HDR-TD10 files flawless or has it such a problem too?
I see some flickering,rendering artifacts on fast moving objects. E.g. a person walking horizontally over a beach. I think the player cannot handle/render the two separate streams very well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts