AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been searching a bit but can’t seem to find my answer. I just bought some Klipsch RB-61's and will slowly be replacing my ultra-low end HTIB speakers with a center Klipsch and some sort of sub and other stuff.

I have a SONY str-dn1000 and it will be my receiver for a while due to budget constraints. It has 2 channels, A/B.

How can I play four speakers, or more, (i.e. the Klipsch in living room and a separate pair in the kitchen) off of one channel? Is this possible without additional switchboxes or anything additional other than wire? I realize that power will suffer. I’m looking to create “zones” similar to Sonos.

Also, can you play A and B channels at the same time?

My goal is a nice HT but I am mainly concerned with Music.

I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I don't see any option to set zones in the owner's manual. Doesn't look like this receiver supports multi-zones. To run A/B pairs of speakers simultaneously, connect speaker pair A to the "Front A" terminals and speaker terminals and speaker set B to the "Surround Back/Front B" terminals (page 19/20 of the owner's manual). Now assign your amp Surround Back amp channels to "Speaker B" (page 73 of the owner's manual). Now press the "Speaker" button to select the mode you wish to use: "SP A", "SP B" or " SP A+B" (page 38 of the owner's manual).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.