AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to avoid using project to play music. I can't afford to replace bulbs often. I have many songs in mp3 format and wav files. Appreciate if anybody can share on tips to play music avoiding projector.

I don't want to use hdmi splitter and connect one more TV. It would help to use some kind of display device like laptop or windows phone or android tablet to traverse through folders and send music streaming to receiver.

My equipment

Receiver: Anthem MRX 700

Projector: JVC RS40

Oppo 93

Dune smart H1.

I dont' mind buying anything else to stream music data.

Thanks,

Sukumar

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2  /t/1480753/playing-music-without-using-projector#post_23507338

Some Dune's have jukebox apps you can use with a smartphone or tablet.

The Mede8er 600 has a new music jukebox app that looks very nice. Check it out.

Or connect a PC to your system and use a remote desktop app from a tablet or smartphone for control.

Thanks for quick reply. I will check for these. You mentioned connect PC to my system. I am assuming to connect laptop to anthem receiver. Is it true? Is it connecting hdmi output of laptop to receiver? when I click on any media file on computer, will it stream audio data through hdmi?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2  /t/1480753/playing-music-without-using-projector#post_23507743

Also, depending on what types of music files you want to play back, a SONOS system might be a good fit. I think you would only need the hardwired "Connect" set up next to your receiver and you can control it from the very nice SONOS app.

http://www.sonos.com/shop/products/connect

Thanks for the info. It is little confusing about sonos. I dont' understand different parts of sonos devices and how are connected. The documentation is also not clear. Does sonos have ethernet connection or usb to get music files?

I believe, it has fiberoptic out. Does in mean it can't handle hd audio formats? I am really not sure if there is any hd audio avialble now. If I spend, I want to think for future as well.

Appreciate for help.

·
Premium Member
6,754 Posts
My AVR has two HDMI outs, so one output feed the projector and the other one feed a 22" LED Samsung TV that I use as OSD for music listening. I only turn ON the projector for movies. Your AVR only have one HDMI output so you may need to buy a HDMI splitter.

·
Registered
354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio  /t/1480753/playing-music-without-using-projector#post_23511346

My AVR has two HDMI outs, so one output feed the projector and the other one feed a 22" LED Samsung TV that I use as OSD for music listening. I only turn ON the projector for movies. Your AVR only have one HDMI output so you may need to buy a HDMI splitter.

Apologies to OP off topic,

Enrico how big is your screen wall and how big is your screen? Does the speakers been that close to the side wall affect the sound quality? I have similar wall and need to know if going with big screen and placing the speakers that close to side wall would not affect the sound quality. Thx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts