AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 Replay 45xx devices. I run DVARCHIVE on a Win XP Pro system. DVARCHIVE is currently version 3.1 on my system. When playing back anything recorded, I get this message from ELECAED that the trial of the CODEC has expired. Also there is this set of 9 small rectangles that flits across the screen and is really annoying. Are the 2 things related?

What is the recommended (naive me assuming there is only one!) if I want to play recorded items using Windows Media Player? I do not wish to use Real or Quicktime. real Networks and I have been having a spat over privacy and QT requires work on my paert. WMI for everything else has been straightforward.

Friends who have a 55xx (I think it is that but may be a 50xx) did not have to install a CODEC at all. Their's runs beautifully, mine is unsatisfactory.

I had a look through posts here, but couldn't find an answer. If it has already been asked/answered, I apologize.

Thanks for your time.

Chris

·
Registered
626 Posts
It has been posted before, look harder. =)

I know, because I just dealt with it.

You need DVD player software. I ended up with PowerDVD, as a trial. I'm hoping the codec works after the trial is up.

Though, use VLC. You can get a version that does CA, and you don't have to dink with codecs and trial versions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aeblank,

Thanks for the reply. You are right I should have looked harder! A further quick question if I may. All of the DVD playing software make a DVD ROM (or RW) a system requirement. Before shelling out the $ is that actually the case. I only need the thing so I can play my ReplayTV items.

Thanks

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.