AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new camera and was viewing the pics on my ps3 from the memory stick. When scrolling in the ps3 to the video section, it tries to register videos from the memory card, but says there is no videos to see. Can the ps3 show videos from a camera memory card? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Your camera may use a video format that the ps3 does not recognize (ie. Quicktime mp4 - Kodak cameras). If that's the case, you will have to convert them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikazaru /forum/post/15507570

Your camera may use a video format that the ps3 does not recognize (ie. Quicktime mp4 - Kodak cameras). If that's the case, you will have to convert them.

How do I convert them. and if I do convert them, can I still use it in my Kodak camera.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
you might be better off with streaming them from your PC/Mac into your PS3.....your cpu will be able to view any files without converting them.....if you have the right player of course...(VLC)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ3118 /forum/post/15508074

you might be better off with streaming them from your PC/Mac into your PS3.....your cpu will be able to view any files without converting them.....if you have the right player of course...(VLC)

sorry for my ignorance, but how would I do that

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gousc /forum/post/15507288

I bought a new camera and was viewing the pics on my ps3 from the memory stick. When scrolling in the ps3 to the video section, it tries to register videos from the memory card, but says there is no videos to see. Can the ps3 show videos from a camera memory card? Thanks in advance for any help.

Not sure if this will work for a Kodak but it did for my HP photosmart camera's SD card.

Go to the video section of the XMB, highlight the SD and hit the triangle and select display all. You should see a directory (DCIM in my case). Under that dir should be another dir (camera's name e.g. 100HP927). Under that directory should show your videos.

Not sure what format is the default on the Kodak but its MPEG 1 on mine, quality sucks, but they showed up so that I could play, copy, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cysquatch /forum/post/15508189

Not sure if this will work for a Kodak but it did for my HP photosmart camera's SD card.

Go to the video section of the XMB, highlight the SD and hit the triangle and select display all. You should see a directory (DCIM in my case). Under that dir should be another dir (camera's name e.g. 100HP927). Under that directory should show your videos.

Not sure what format is the default on the Kodak but its MPEG 1 on mine, quality sucks, but they showed up so that I could play, copy, etc.

tried this and it did not work. Any other suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts