AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out. But, I finally want to use a system like Vista Media Center. I usually just use MPC-HC and coreavc.

Here is my hardware:

Q6600

Asus P5B

2GB PC2-6400 DDR2

Palit 9600GT Sonic 1GB RAM HDMI out

Chaintech AV-710 SPDIF out to receiver (anyone using the input on the Palit card above to pass sound with HDMI?)

TV is Samsung LNT5271F 52" 120Hz LCD

I am running HDMI out on 1080p/24

Software:

Vista Ultimate 32-bit

PowerDVD 8 (for DXVA support on mkv x264 files)

I have downloaded MyMovies and an ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme Trial

I really just want to play mostly x264 mkv files with HA and some xvids (If I could use different players and/or separate them so I can use ffdshow on the xvids that would be great, but not essential right now). I want to have VMC as the frontend and it looks like I want MyMovies for the disc images and info etc.

Anyone have a tutorial for this or some tips? I can't figure out how to choose what is playing what.. I just get not supported in VMC and choppy playback in TMT.

·
Registered
635 Posts
have you tried playing a video in vmc?

The other day I finally did and it just played. I got ffdshow, hali, dscaler, aac, and matroska. The 1080i mkv video played on both zoomplayer and vista media center.

once it runs, I guess its just setting up mymovies?

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueimage /forum/post/14187072

I am usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out. But, I finally want to use a system like Vista Media Center. I usually just use MPC-HC and coreavc.

Here is my hardware:

Q6600

Asus P5B

2GB PC2-6400 DDR2

Palit 9600GT Sonic 1GB RAM HDMI out

Chaintech AV-710 SPDIF out to receiver (anyone using the input on the Palit card above to pass sound with HDMI?)

TV is Samsung LNT5271F 52" 120Hz LCD

I am running HDMI out on 1080p/24

Software:

Vista Ultimate 32-bit

PowerDVD 8 (for DXVA support on mkv x264 files)

I have downloaded MyMovies and an ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme Trial

I really just want to play mostly x264 mkv files with HA and some xvids (If I could use different players and/or separate them so I can use ffdshow on the xvids that would be great, but not essential right now). I want to have VMC as the frontend and it looks like I want MyMovies for the disc images and info etc.

Anyone have a tutorial for this or some tips? I can't figure out how to choose what is playing what.. I just get not supported in VMC and choppy playback in TMT.

Have you installed this ?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
from what I've gathered on here, to get HA (DXVA2) with media center is you need to use the MPC-HC codec and register it with a direct show filter editor, currently I haven't found a way to do that myself, so I just use FFdshow + Halli Splitter to get mkv support/playback in VMC.

- Josh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts