AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, i will be buying a x-1 pj in the near future and was wondering if my pj is ceiling mounted, how would my playstation 2 reach with the back cables and the controlers. Thanks

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
You can use extension cables for the controllers and for the PS2 you can use composite adapters to make them longer OR a switching device which you may need for more connections anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, where can i find extension cables for the controllers and a adapter or a switching device. Also wouldn't the cables hang down over my seatining are because the pj is behind my seating area and would this be a pain in the ass. Or do u suggest just putting the pj on a table and not worring about all the cables. Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can get controller extension cords pretty much anywhere. EB, Best Buy, WalMart, etc.

I have 20+ consoles, and using several s-video switch boxes, optical audio switch boxes, and an old rf switch box, I have them all routed through my receiver to the TV. When I get the X1, it'll be wall mounted behind my seating area. I'll relocate the consoles and receiver to the back of the room as well, and will use my controller extension cords to run either along the wall or just under the couch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a bunch of consoles also, but you should consider using emulators. I just use emulators on my HTPC and every console I need is on that little box. Plus you can use MAME to play arcade games and you can't really recreate that unless you happen to have a bunch of arcade units in your house. :) This saves me trouble of hooking all my consoles up and storing all the games.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Mame is very cool indeed. Gotta love the old skool classics. :) How do they look on the X1? How big of a screen do you project them on?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help, but 1 more ? what is a emulators and a MAME and where do i find these items and what do they cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.