AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the latest copy of PSM magazine and it stated that new DVD drivers will soon allow progressive scan playback of DVDs. Does anyone know if Microsoft is planning the same thing with the XBox?

·
Registered
104 Posts
How will you be able to get the drivers? I've always been curious how to upgrade my PS2 to the latest driver set, if there is one (my PS2 is a little more than a year old).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The magazine stated that updated drivers would likely be done via mail or "disc-by-mail campaign", as they put it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you buy the Sony DVD remote for the PS2, the cd that comes with it updates the default drivers (it saves the new driver on your memory card.) I don't know how they would update to the next revision (hopefully via the Broadband modem.):cool:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have they updated anything besides the DVD drivers, like maybe the PS1 emulator or anything?

Is the regular video output progressive or not? Now that would be nice if it was.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The current DVD output is interlaced, but there's one game that already supports Progressive scan output (Tekken 4, I have the Japanese version and it's sweet.) Also, Sony showed at least 5 more games at E3 that supported PS out of the box. I know that Socom did, but I can't remember what the others were.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.