AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this in another thread but i decided to start a new thread as i thought it could be important to a few people on here.

I am using a 40gb PS3 i imported from Canada (Region A)into a Pioneer LCD television outputting 1080p with scaling set to normal.

As i posted in the other thread i was watching "Star Wars: A New Hope" on a region 1 Dvd and the subtitles were within the frame and not in the black bar as they used to be when i looked at this title.

I have since checked a few more titles and yes with these settings the subtitles are shifted into the active picture area.

I am not a CIH user (one day hopefully) but i thought it would be usefull to anyone who is as the only other ways around this problem seem to be either shrinking the image so it does not fill the full width of a 2.40:1 screen or using an older model Samsung.

This only works with Anamorphic (16x9 Enhanced) titles.

Hope this is of help.

Happy New Year,

Martin.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I also did a test today... with 2 movies, pulp fiction and dark blue, on my ps3 it has the subtitles in the picture as I want to! But next I tried them at the video store in their DVD player and the subtitles go to the black bars!

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
My Samsung BD1500 and the Panny BD35 also shift subtitles into the picture area for SD material. Thanks for letting everyone know about the PS3 though as I wondered that myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.