AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm going to be getting a Playstation 3 60 gig and was wondering how to hook it up to my system.

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-72txav receiver hooked up to an older 42" Panasonic Plasma via component cables.

My question is, can I hook up the playstation 3 to the Elite receiver via HDMI in and have the plasma hooked up via the component cable monitor out? Will this work?

I don't have any HDMI in/outs on this plasma only component and VGA but on the Elite receiver I have two HDMI ins and one HDMI out.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
810 Posts
Yes, that should work just fine...

· Registered
5,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkEw /forum/post/0

Excellent! Thanks spywolf

I wasn't sure if the receiver was able to convert the HDMI signal over to component.

I didn't think it was.

I was never able to get my 82 to convert HDMI to component. I thought that had to do with the whole HDCP issue. Going from a digital to an analog signal.

Going from Component to HDMI is not a problem.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber /forum/post/0

I didn't think it was.

I was never able to get my 82 to convert HDMI to component. I thought that had to do with the whole HDCP issue. Going from a digital to an analog signal.

Going from Component to HDMI is not a problem.

That's what I thought as well, going analog to HDMI wouldn't work.I'll give it a shot and see what happens and if it doesn't I'll just return the cable and go component.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.