AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Toshiba 42HL167 and HD A-35. My X Box 360 just started the red circle of death. Considering a PS3 40 gig purchase. I hear about loud fans, soft picture etc etc etc. I was hoping using PS 3 for some gaming and blu ray viewing. I know there are not as many games as X box but it's still seemed a good financial move. I thought instead of having X Box repaired just dive in with new rig.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I can't argue with that. My 360 has died 3 times, but I need it for gaming. I bought the PS3 for the blu ray playback. I may buy a game for it from time to time. I like the PS3 40 gig. Mine is very quiet and has no playback issues of any kind. As for the picture being soft it was at first. I had to adjust my brightness down 15%. Other than that it is a very compentent machine.

Has a ton of support and features, is future proof for the next 2 years at least. You can't lose on this one my friend.

Cheers,

Joel

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel802 /forum/post/12910882

I can't argue with that. My 360 has died 3 times, but I need it for gaming. I bought the PS3 for the blu ray playback. I may buy a game for it from time to time. I like the PS3 40 gig. Mine is very quiet and has no playback issues of any kind. As for the picture being soft it was at first. I had to adjust my brightness down 15%. Other than that it is a very compentent machine.

Has a ton of support and features, is future proof for the next 2 years at least. You can't lose on this one my friend.

Cheers,

Joel

Thank You for quick reply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There is a new "white" model coming out this year. Model number CECHH01.

Will this result in the current models being lowered in price?

Or is that wishful thinking?

James

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA /forum/post/12911035

Wait a week to make the purchase of a PS3 40

I thought I checked out a PS3 40 gig today on Amazon for 399.00 or is there another model out there

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow /forum/post/12911153

There is a new "white" model coming out this year. Model number CECHH01.

Will this result in the current models being lowered in price?

Or is that wishful thinking?

James

I don't know, I am mind-boggled though. They do not include an HDMI cable but as an accessory Sony will charge you 99.00 for one but Amazon has one for 19.00

·
Registered
198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA /forum/post/12911035

Wait a week to make the purchase of a PS3 40

Why do you make this statement? Is there going to be a sale or price break somewhere?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my 40gb PS3 at CC during the holidays and went across the street too pick up an HDMI cable from Fry's for 20.00. I haven't regretted one moment since. It's quiet, plays DVD's and BD's beautifully and also does a little photo/video streaming (albeit nothing on the 360's level). Games are very scarce compared to the 360, but this year comes MGS4, Tom Clancy's EndWar, GTA4, among others.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20fan /forum/post/12911457

Why do you make this statement? Is there going to be a sale or price break somewhere?

I'm in no hurry as I have what I need now for movies.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel802 /forum/post/12910882

Cheers,

Joel

Where you getting x box repaired, I don't mind reasonable repair and keep both consoles

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvasko /forum/post/12911788

Where you getting x box repaired, I don't mind reasonable repair and keep both consoles

Xbox warranty these xbox360s for 3 years after the repair. It just sadden's me that Xbox instead will send a refurb and give that kind of warranty but does not want to resolve the Red Ring of Death issue!!

I used to own a 6 month old brand new X360 and I got the ROD (ring of death) sent it off for replacement. Sent me a refurb, took like 3.5 weeks for delivery and gave me the 3 yr warranty and thats when it went to Craigslist and sold this MS junk.

Right now I am borrowing my buds PS3, it seems to have really good PQ (running component) and its quite. I plan to get the 40 gig soon, myself.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes the repair is covered under a 3 year warranty. Call toll free and schedule a repair. They will send a UPS truck with an empty box, put the 360 minus the hard drive and the UPS guy takes it right then and there. You may have to wait at least 3 weeks, so it is a bummer but you don't have to pay for it.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.