AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so a few months ago my dog, unfortunately, urinated on my brother's PS-3. Him and i both took the system apart together and cleaned it, but we left the disc drive alone because we where not sure if we could clean it at home or not. before we cleaned the system it wouldn't turn on. The fan would make a loud humming sound as it spun and the power light flashed green a few times. now, it turns on, we can connect to the internet and, as far as we can tell, every thing works fine, except for the disc drive, it wont take in a disc. when i put the edge of the disc into the slot and look at it, it has some liquid on it. so i am assuming urine got into the disc drive. so, my question is, would it be possible to take the disc drive out, take it apart, clean it, reassemble it and put it back in? or should we see if we can get a new disc drive? or should we just replace the whole thing? we would like to spend the least amount of money on this because we don't have a lot right now, and i have seen blu-ray drive on e-bay and amizon but i dont know about that. so please please please give me some suggestions.

·
Registered
875 Posts
i presume your dog is an xbox fan then

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
dip the unit in turpentine

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yo dawg thats wack

·
Registered
486 Posts
If it were me, I'd take the drive apart and see if I could clean it up. Maybe the sensor is dead, or just clogged with urine lol. Worst case scenario you kill the disk drive and have to get a new one on Ebay anyways. Seems to be worth a shot!

Oh, and make sure when you take the drive apart, you stick the dogs nose in it so he won't do it again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts