AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a hd theater. I was going to pick up a ps3 to use as blueray/dvd. For the time being, until theater is done, can I play games on my standard def tv.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sure you can

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
At least try to use component cables so you can get 480P!

·
Registered
147 Posts
You can, but I don't know why you would want to. I would stick with a PS2 until you get your HD setup going. By that time, there may even be a PS3 price drop.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyMcK /forum/post/12997336

I am in the process of building a hd theater. I was going to pick up a ps3 to use as blueray/dvd. For the time being, until theater is done, can I play games on my standard def tv.

Yes, looks pretty bad though, particularly text.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I play mine on SDTV right now until I go HD it works just fine.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sorry, you actually have to use a Sony HDTV and that is it. You will continously have problems if you don't.

Kidding... it will be fine, but I would wait as others have said. You should be just building the home theater as the more gadgets you get, the less time you will spend on actually working the the theatre.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to late, I bought one. The text and everthing else looks like it did with the ps2. I am in the process of buying my gear so I don't have sticker shock when it is finished. Next up sheetrock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts