Registered
5,639 Posts
Who brought you here?

·
Registered
788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/17026483

That rag any good, or is it just a front to sell PR?

If it's independent and good, I may have to jump on it. Do they also offer beta codes, exclusives, ect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwright84 /forum/post/17026651

For $4 a year it's more than worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/17026809

I disagree.

Yeah the problem is that if this is really just a magazine full of advertisements in disguise you are basically paying them to receive a ton of ads.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I haven't got PSM since the end of the PS2 days but it was always a good read. They're a little biased but they're not obnoxious fanboys about it. Their reviews were always very well written and informative and they'd usually score an exclusive preview or story every month that made it worth subscribing to.

Of course things change, it may be crap now.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsocaltiger /forum/post/17029021

Yeah the problem is that if this is really just a magazine full of advertisements in disguise you are basically paying them to receive a ton of ads.

Well, that's really the point of every magazine. Some worse then others.

I ask because I remember having subscriptions to EGM and Gamespy back in the day. EGM was awesome and informative, while Gamespy had 2X the ads, and usually just shrilled for their advertisers, had poor reviews comparatively, and wasn't written very well.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsocaltiger /forum/post/17030447

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a selling point. =P I'd rather have Maxim or something for that.

good point, I get maxim, motor trend, motorcyclist and sport rider for free. At this point I take laxatives just to stay caught up on all my free magazine subscriptions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts