AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1141 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Socom 4 using Move looks interesting.

Lets see how innovative they get with this thing.

Price appears to be under $100 for a bundle, maybe the individual unit will be around $40.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
Looks very interesting... I may fork out the cash if there are enough titles that support it properly. If it becomes too much like the Wii where there is more shovel-ware than good stuff, then I'll pass. SOCOM looks promising.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a replay of the show. The PSMove stuff starts at about the 9:30 mark.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I don't think I will go for SOCOM 4, but a Resistance 3 or something like that and I am in day one. I've been looking forward to the day when we get pointer controls on a HD system with HD games.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sony will have at least 20 new games that are either dedicated or support the Move tech. Here are 36 developers who are working on it as well:

505 Games U.S.

Activision Publishing, Inc.

AQ INTERACTIVE Inc.

ARC SYSTEMS WORK CO.,LTD

ATLUS Co., LTD.

Bigben Interactive

CAPCOM CO., LTD.

CCP

Crave Entertainment

CYBERFRONT Corporation

Disney Interactive Studios

Electronic Arts Inc.

FromSoftware, Inc.

Game Republic, Inc.

GUST CO., LTD.

HUDSON SOFT CO., LTD.

IREM SOFTWARE ENGINEERING INC.

Koei Co., Ltd.

Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

Majesco Entertainment

Marvelous Entertainment Inc.

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.

ONGAKUKAN Co., Ltd.

Oxygen Games

PAON CORPORATION

Q Entertainment Inc.

Q-GAMES, LTD.

SEGA CORPORATION

Sony Online Entertainment

Spike Co., Ltd.

SQUARE ENIX GROUP

TECMO, LTD.

THQ Inc.

UBISOFT

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Zoo Entertainment, Inc.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a preview of TV Superstars for the PSMove:

Quote:
One of the games being shown off is a title coming from the capable folks at Sony Cambridge. Tentatively titled TV Superstars, this party-style game puts players into the shoes of a reality TV show contestant hunting for the very specific form of fame and glory that comes from winning a series of completely unrelated challenges. Although TV Superstars hasn't reached Alpha stage yet, the demo on display was still a riot, especially as I watched my friend and colleague Ryan Scott (from GameSpy fame) create an avatar and then compete in a fake reality fashion show. Priceless.

TV Superstars allows users to take a few photos using the PlayStation Eye and then map those photos to their avatar's face. This creates a hilarious in-game character that can look either charming or horrifying, depending on the photos taken. Once an avatar is made, players jump right into a selection screen that, for now, has two different fake reality TV shows to participate in. "frockstar" is a fashion show which Ryan Scott happily competed in, while I tried my hand at "Let's Get Physical," which is a combination of American Gladiators and quirky Japanese TV shows that we all know and love.

In frockstar, Ryan was tasked with walking down a runway with maximum style, trying on outlandish outfits and applying Avatar-like makeup. Clearly this is not to be taken too seriously.

Once frockstar was complete, I stepped up to the plate to compete in Let's Get Physical. This series of mini-games had me running along a giant spinning wheel (complete with dangerous obstacles), painting a canvas to match a pre-made piece of art, and firing my avatar through the air in order to fit through a chalk outline printed on a wall. All these tasks were done using the PlayStation Move technology, which means one-to-one movement recognition with very little lag to speak of.

As this was my first time with the technology, I was surprised by the precision involved. This controller not only detects pointing motions (similar to pointing on the screen with a Wii Remote), but it also measures depth, rotation and side-to-side movement. In other words, anywhere you move your hand, your in-game avatar will follow. This was especially evident when I played a tech demo that was first shown at Sony's E3 press conference. In the demo, players are given full control of a variety of items, including a sword, gun, tennis racket, whip and flashlight, and can move those items around in a virtual space. Although it might sound very straight-forward, this tech demo was actually quite compelling because the motion recognition really is accurate.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a recap of the games shown:

Quote:
According to the block of info posted on European PlayStation Blog, there are a lot more PlayStation Move games out there to be seen than tonight's press release let on. Beyond the already revealed support for Move in SOCOM 4, LittleBigPlanet and EyePet, a whole mess of games were shown off at Sony's GDC event, from Move Party (um, a party game) to Slider (Mirror's Edge meets Pain?) to a Western shooter in The Shoot. (We've dropped a screen of Sports Champion above -- a game we think looks particularly fantastic.)

Oh, and the Euro Blog's mention of "DUKES" is just another name for that Motion Fighter game, which was mentioned onstage during this evening's press event -- so cool your heels and put the Jump to Conclusion mat back away. (We do rather like the name "Dukes," we'll admit; though we've been told it's a regional thing, and us North Americans are likely stuck with "Motion Fighter" instead.) We've yet to confirm which studios are developing which games, but you can be sure we'll ask Sony just as soon as we can. Here's the complete list of PlayStation Move titles that we know of, though, for now:

* Sports Champion

* The Shoot

* Slider

* TV Superstars

* Move Party

* Motion Fighter

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a video and pics of "The Shoot", which is a compilation of on-rails light gun games:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Wow. This looks better than I anticipated. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speng9 /forum/post/18288866

Price appears to be under $100 for a bundle, maybe the individual unit will be around $40.

Well PS eye is $40 and bundles are slightly cheaper than the some of their parts so I'm going with at least $50

Either way not too bad of an investment

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Has it been confirmed that the wand and sub-controller both have rumble? That is absolutely critical as far as I'm concerned. I don't need the wand to have a speaker like the wii-mote, but rumble is a must.

The other big question I have, is will Playstation Move work in a totally dark room? (well totally dark other than the light in the room coming from the front projector) I know Natal will work in bad lighting conditions, but I have no idea if the Playstation Eye will. I do remember that the eyetoy really sucked from a standpoint of needing absolutely perfect lighting, and a perfect background for it to understand what was going on.

I can't wait to see a Virtua Tennis game on the PS3 using this. I want a "real' tennis game with HD graphics, and extremely high accuracy in the movements. I'm also interested in how MLB 11: The Show is going to incorporate Move. Obviously, I would think the default controls will be the normal controller setup, but I would think they could have Move controls as a selectable option.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
- Confirmed to have rumble!

- The PS-Eye was advertised early on to have made improvements over the Eye Toy in low light situations. We'll see what the combo of the Move plays like, but I doubt you need a fully lit room.

- As for future tennis sims, I'm sure that they will end up being a decent representation of the sport. Here's a write up on the early table tennis demo and it sounds promising:

Quote:
Once the ball was in action, though, it was an amazing experience, perfectly detecting how I held the paddle to let me serve up slices and spins with perfect precision. It also did a great job of knowing where I was standing in relation to the table, so when I stepped back to lob a shot it reacted perfectly and when I crowded the table to slam the ball that worked too.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A Lord of the Rings action brawler is being upgraded from the Wii for the PS3 Move... LotR: Aragon's Quest.

Quote:
The game sees players taking control of the titular hero during his journeys to protect the Hobbit ringbearers on their quest to destroy the soul-corrupting One Ring and vanquish the evil Dark Lord Sauron. The cheerfully hued game will feature "a friendly, colorful rendition of Middle-Earth" and see players engaging in sword fights, lancing, and archery.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/18289705

Sony will have at least 20 new games that are either dedicated or support the Move tech. Here are 36 developers who are working on it as well:

FromSoftware, Inc.

Yes. Very yes.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And this time, Sony had better publish their game here in the U.S.!

Key features for Move:

Quote:
* Works with PlayStation Eye camera to accurately track player position

* Includes action buttons of DUALSHOCK®3 and SIXAXIS® wireless controller for direct input

* Sleek and Wireless

* Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery

* Advanced motion sensors in the controller precisely track both fast and subtle movements

* Color of the sphere's light provides visual feedback during gameplay

* Vibration feedback is felt during specific actions

* Bluetooth® technology supports wireless gaming

* Simultaneously use up to four motion controllers with a PS3 system

* Charge the controller and automatically pair it with the PS3 system via a USB cable (Type A - Mini-B)

1 - 20 of 1141 Posts