AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) March 9 said it will begin offering major studio new-release movies in high-definition on the PlayStation Network for rent and purchase.

Beginning today, owners of an Internet-connected PlayStation 3 video game system can rent or buy 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment's Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Jennifer's Body and Fantastic Mr. Fox (on March 23); Walt Disney Studio Home Entertainment's Up, G-Force and Earth; Paramount Home Entertainment's Star Trek, Paranormal Activity and Zoolander; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's This Is It, 2012, District 9 and Zombieland; Universal Studios Home Entertainment's Inglourious Basterds (from The Weinstein Co.), Couples Retreat and Public Enemies; and Warner Bros. Digital Distribution's The Hangover, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and The Wizard of Oz.

PlayStation Network currently offers standard-definition movie rentals starting at $2.99 (catalog) and movie purchases starting at $9.99.

It wasn't immediately clear if purchased HD movies (similar to standard definition) can be played on up to three activated Sony PSP portable entertainment systems.

SCEA plans to expand PlayStation Network HD movie access to the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Spain.
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/pla...urchases-18693

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaudot /forum/post/18284692

I don't get it. They've been doing this for at least a year already.

Yeah but now they've signed all 6 major studios to deals for HD releases, which means we should get more titles and better quality (hopefully). So ideally every movie release should be in HD now as opposed to offering only SD on certain titles. But I'm just speculating.

·
Banned
350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktx27 /forum/post/18285956

Yeah but now they've signed all 6 major studios to deals for HD releases, which means we should get more titles and better quality (hopefully). So ideally every movie release should be in HD now as opposed to offering on SD on certain titles. But I'm just speculating.

I think you'll still get the SD and HD option since not everybody has either the bandwidht or DL cap to stream HD economically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts