AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good PSX emulator for Windows 2000/XP? I used to have Virtual Game Station (VGS) for my Windows 98 system and it ran flawlessly, with little or no configuration. VGS is not compatible with 2000/XP, so I downloaded emulators called PCSX and epsxe. They require many different plugins and produce some not so stable results. I have Metal Gear Solid running pretty good, but the sound stutters pretty often. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these emus, and what plugins have worked best for the them.

The system I am using is an Athlon 3000+ with 512 mb ram and a Radeon 9500 pro, incase that info helps.

Thanks,

·
Registered
16,554 Posts
ePSXe here runs perfect with almost the same system specs as yours [ AMD Barton @ 3200+ / 512mb DDR 400 / Radeon 9500 Pro modded to 9700 spec ] .

---- Jason

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason,

Can you tell me exactly what plugins you are using? I have tried many, but have had poor results with ePSXe.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,554 Posts
Steve ,

-- I think I am using Pete's D3D Driver for Video and the Null2 sound driver [ I swap sound drivers around here and there so not certain at the moment ] .

-- Pete's D3D driver can be configured for almost any type of system and I run all the settings at max ;) [ produces a wonderful image - hard to tell it is the original Playstation on some games :) ] .

----- Jason

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I have been playing around with Pete's openGL, I will try the D3D one. I got PCSX running pretty good, but it gets an error any time I try to exit by hitting escape. I could not get ePSXe to run as well as PCSX, so I will have to stick with pcsx.

You are right, I swear that the PS1 looks as good as a PS2 running at 1776x1000 with all the filtering and whatnot through a DVI connection.

Thanks again for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.