AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a Samsung DLP and had an Xbox and everything was going well. In August I picked up a PS2 and Madden 2004.

My problem is there is an issue with button input delays. I notice this especially when kicking. I take the game to a buddy of mine, and his normal crt TV, and the kicking is right on. When I play on my DLP, the kicking bar is delayed just enough to notice that it is delayed. It seems it is the same when running plays and passing and everything too, but of course that is harder to detect.

I have tried both component and composite cables and the problem is the same both ways. I have the component cables hooked up to the 480i/480p input.

Anyone know of a solution to this? It does the same sort of thing if you hook up the ps2 to a pc monitor using one of those VGA adapter things. I'd test another game on the PS2, but I don't have any others right now.

Thanks for any replies,

Jeff

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have about 20 titles and have never noticed a delay problem....and I play mine THROUGH my PC. The color banding is so extreme on the DLP with either S-video or Component connections for PS2. Same thing with the Gamecube unless I choose progressive scan mode on games that support it.

If I hook the PS2 with the S-video cable to my computers ATI video card, the picture looks great. This setup is obviously a pain. Do you notice big bands in gradient colors on yours? How is it attached to your DLP?

Back on topic, I do have a sound delay with certian DTS DVD soundtracks, but never with videogames.

J

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.