AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried doing a search but found nothing. Does anyone know what Sony's plans are for buying and downloading movies directly from their Playstation Store? The downloadable trailers and game demos are great but what I really want are full movies. I can go the BD route but why waste a disk if I can put it on the harddrive. I'm also open to other suggestions if you got them... Thanks!

·
Registered
810 Posts
because you will never ever ever get the same quality of movie as you would get on BD discs. Average BD movie takes up 20-30 GB of space.

Not only that, but with BD movie, you can watch them anywhere you want, not just on PS3.

·
Registered
810 Posts
now I am not saying that there wont be some download service - sony will love to do that, all I am saying is why is it smarter for you not to use it...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
XBL seems to be massing HUGE amts of money from the HUGE success in thier movie download service.

Its not like people are hurting for space on their ps3. I've seen in person 2 TB ps3 storage and seen online 3.75 TB. If you use the usb I think you can store up to 19TB using external drives or something...

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy* /forum/post/0

XBL seems to be massing HUGE amts of money from the HUGE success in thier movie download service.

Its not like people are hurting for space on their ps3. I've seen in person 2 TB ps3 storage and seen online 3.75 TB. If you use the usb I think you can store up to 19TB using external drives or something...

not really - analysts predict 90 million in sales, and thats really great, for 2007. Thats less than what Madden alone does on PS2.

Again, I am sure that it will be developed, however I am not sure if I would reccomend to anyone to pay for RENTING HD Movies $6 per movie, for 24hrs rental.

And for that you get mediocre quality HD with some 2-6 MBS VBR, compared with 20-30 MBS for HD movie in BD or HD.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

now I am not saying that there wont be some download service - sony will love to do that, all I am saying is why is it smarter for you not to use it...

it just seems easier to store movies or whatever content on an internal/external harddrive like an electronic library. bd is good but i won't be using it anywhere else. it may cost a little less to dl rather than buy a manufactured disc. alot of sites, like netflix, has moved to downloadable movies. just putting it out there to see what's going on..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Its a matter of choice. Downloadable movies may not be right for everyone, but depending on your download speeds, it would be nice to be able to get a movie on a whim without hauling my butt down to a Blockbuster. Besides, not every PS3 owner has a HDTV, so BD is irrelevant to these users.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.