AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I control either my Playstation 3 or 4 through Panasonic Viera Link (HDMI-CEC)?
If yes, I ultimately would like to configure my Logitech Harmony remote to control either of the Playstations by way of the HDMI-CEC functionality.
TV model is Panasonic TC-P58S1

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I don't know about the PS4, but I'm pretty sure that won't be possible with the PS3. I don't even think the PS3 can be controlled via IP; it's bluetooth-only. Logitech made a dongle for their Harmony line that allowed PS3 control via IR; it received IR from a Harmony and controlled the PS3 via bluetooth. I have one; it works very well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about the PS4, but I'm pretty sure that won't be possible with the PS3. I don't even think the PS3 can be controlled via IP; it's bluetooth-only. Logitech made a dongle for their Harmony line that allowed PS3 control via IR; it received IR from a Harmony and controlled the PS3 via bluetooth. I have one; it works very well.
Thanks GreySkies. I was able to setup the HDMI-CEC in both PS3 and PS4 and was able to control them with my TV's (Panasonic) remote so I think there's hope in being able to do it with the Harmony (through TV).

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
Yes PS3 does CEC, as does PS4. Controlled my PS3 that way for years.

With CEC, you'll be using Panasonic TV commands entirely. So just experiment with a few of the latest models from the Harmony database until you find one that has all the commands you need (Play, ffwd, etc.). Alternatively, since you have it working with the Panasonic remote already, just make a new PS3 device from scratch and learn all the Panasonic remote commands. That will work fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts