AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help! I have a Toshiba MT5 and a PAL DVD Player (Marantz DV4100).

The DVD Player has scart output with RGD. I tested it with my TV. Now I bought an expensive cable which is SCART to 3 cinch RGB. I connected but the PJ says it has no signal!!! What am I doing wrong!!! Can it be that the PJ doesn´t accept PAL Component input???

I would apreciate your help!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
the LS 110 will accept PAL input (576i);

but I think, your cable is wrong; please let me know, which sort you have got

hb

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES I think the cable MUST be wrong! Its an oehlbach Scart to RGB cable 10 m long. I bought it online at grossbild.de.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hhelmut,

are you shure the PJ can input RGB?? I think I made a mistake and it only gets the YUV input!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi goldplata,

sorry for my late answer, but I havenit seen it in the past;

The problem in your case will be, that you need a converter from SCART RGB to YUV-Signal; the cable you got will not work.

Then the problem will be solved.

hb

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of converter is this?? Can you tell me where I can buy iy, and if it doesn´t have quality loss. Is there a DVD Player that has SCART YUV output??

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe this is the problem, but correct me if I'm wrong

Your are trying to run RGB through the three component inputs on the pj. This will not work.

If you want to send a RGB signal to the MT5 i believe you have to do it though the VGA port, which means you need at scart to VGA cable.

It'll probably take you while to get a hold of one of those, so in the meanwhile why don't you just feed the pj through the svhs port. The difference in picture quality isn't that great anyway.

Regards

-Jens Dahl

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you!

Yes, I think the difference isn´t that great. The problem is that I bought a Scart-RGB cable and I just want to use it in order to justify my inversion.... Probably getting a DVD which also has a SCART YUV output. Is this possible???

Or have a connector from RGD Cinch to VGA???

Thank YOU!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ goldplata

where are you living? If you are placed in Germany or in Switzerland or oround these countries, I can give you serveral adresses where to buy

hb

·
Registered
41 Posts
goldplata,

I may be wrong about this, but I believe I have seen cables that had scart on one end and VGA on the other.

So if your objective is saving the cable you've already got, the solution might be as simple as replacing the the RCA plugs on your cable and soldering on a VGA plug instead.

Here's some info on this.

Maybe some of the more technical minded members of the forum will be able to tell you if I'm right about this.

Regards

Jens Dahl

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jens, thats one of the best answers I heared. I understand only lightlythe link you gave me. It seems to me, that I need a sync over comopsit video, and the rest over the three RGB´s.... shurely y would need more info.

Helmut,

I live in Spain, but I can Buy it online if it´s within the EU. Here in Spain we have only few HT experts....

·
Registered
502 Posts
@ goldplata

no problem,

please send me an e-mail, that I can give you some online adresses, where you can choose and buy online.

hb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.