AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speakers Infinity( I guess it only have TSS logo on down part,they 3way speakers with bass on side,
and model says RQ-1824 cant find more info for them ) 60w 4-8 ohms

AMP(Reciever) Technics SA-350L :

Continuous Power 4Ω: 37 + 37 W
Continuous power 8Ω:45 + 45 W
Is this good combination ?

I've noticed that amp doesnt have fan/cooler, and gets kinda warm on low volume, also it doesnt have fuse just little wire around that part. Its my 2nd day im using it and need to make decision, so i need help

my main issue is, did they match by the specifications and advice and tips would be more then welcomed

·
Registered
291 Posts
Speakers Infinity( I guess it only have TSS logo on down part,they 3way speakers with bass on side,
and model says RQ-1824 cant find more info for them ) 60w 4-8 ohms

AMP(Reciever) Technics SA-350L :

Continuous Power 4Ω: 37 + 37 W
Continuous power 8Ω:45 + 45 W
Is this good combination ?

I've noticed that amp doesnt have fan/cooler, and gets kinda warm on low volume, also it doesnt have fuse just little wire around that part. Its my 2nd day im using it and need to make decision, so i need help

my main issue is, did they match by the specifications and advice and tips would be more then welcomed
I believe the reason you are not getting a response is because you are asking about 30 year old low end tech....

First I cannot find anything on that model speaker but I am guessing the 60watt rating is a max where as the ratings on the reciever are conservative continuous meaning it may jump up higher for instances of higher volume but most of the time it will be lower than the rated wattage. That said there is something wrong with the wattages you posted for the reciver, typically as impedence goes up wattage goes down it makes no sense that you have 8 ohms wattages higher than 4 ohmswattages.

For the heat issue, please donot confuse a reciever with an amp. Recievers have amps built in but the wattage and build quality is typcially no where near that of a descrete amplifer. It is normal for recievers to run warm.

To answer your question "are these a good match" it depends on what you are looking to do with them. If you are looking to produce sounds at lower volumes with ok sound quality it will work just fine. If you are looking for high volumes or crystal clear quality I would say not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the reason you are not getting a response is because you are asking about 30 year old low end tech....

First I cannot find anything on that model speaker but I am guessing the 60watt rating is a max where as the ratings on the reciever are conservative continuous meaning it may jump up higher for instances of higher volume but most of the time it will be lower than the rated wattage. That said there is something wrong with the wattages you posted for the reciver, typically as impedence goes up wattage goes down it makes no sense that you have 8 ohms wattages higher than 4 ohmswattages.

For the heat issue, please donot confuse a reciever with an amp. Recievers have amps built in but the wattage and build quality is typcially no where near that of a descrete amplifer. It is normal for recievers to run warm.

To answer your question "are these a good match" it depends on what you are looking to do with them. If you are looking to produce sounds at lower volumes with ok sound quality it will work just fine. If you are looking for high volumes or crystal clear quality I would say not.
appreciate the answer :) I change my mind for this reciever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts