AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ceiling mount an X1 in a room 83" high.

A dresser and my center channel spkr. are 38" off the floor.

I will be using a 36" high screen (forget the frame).

38"+36"=74" and 83"-74"=9"

The question is what is the distance from the ceiling to the lens center using the InFocus X1 ceiling mount, because...

Ceiling to Lens Center + 12 degree offset of 3.32" must = 9", or to put it another way...

the ceiling to lens center can be no greater than 5.68", or roughly 5 3/4", or I can not use the XI as I intended.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bob, according the X1 manual the image offset is 112% when in 4:3 mode and 124.7& when in 16:9 mode. Example, if your image height in 4:3 mode is 10 feet, then the bottom of the image should be 1.22 feet above the center line of the lens. Om 16:9 mode, the number is 2.47 feet. The same figures should apply if you ceiling mount it, only the projector needs to be above the screen as opposed to below it.

patrick

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick-

Yes, I understand that and have calculated the 112 offset for a 60" diagonal 4:3 sceen as 12% of the height of 36", which equals 3.32."

But I still need to know the ceiling to lens center distance to add it to the offset to see if it the will match with the top of the screen because my room configuration requires the screen to be in one, and only one place.

Alternatively, would tilting the projector or using the keystone adjustment adequetly compensate, IF the ceiling to lens center measurement is greater than the 3.75" or less from ceiling to lens center that would be ideal in my situation and which would require no keystoning or tilting.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
165 Posts
Your operating to pretty tight parameters Bob. I've not seen the retail ceiling mount for this unit, but have you considered making your own? You can buy something called a "floor flange" at any good hardware store (It's a plumbing piece - you can propably find pic's on the web). Connect two together with a nipple pipe ( I believe that you can get as short as 1" lengths), and you've got the basic attachment. Combine this with a small 1/2" MDF plate fitted to the bottom of the PJ, and you could get your 5" drop.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.