Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Moved from FAQ]

Hello all. I've been putting an MCE 2005 machine together for the past couple of weeks, and have some results.

Machine specs:

Asus P4P800-VM

Intel Celeron 2.4

1gb DDR Ram

Seagate 7200 160gb hd

Nvidia Geforce FX 5200

hauppauge PVR250MCE

NEC DVD DL Writer

I'm having some issues with a few things and hope you can help.

The video from Live Tv is somewhat grainy and poor looking. DVD's look awesome, but live tv sucks. I used an ATI AIW 8500 for the svideo out, and it looked even worse than this. I've got the latest Nvidia drivers. Any suggestions there?

Also, the guide is rather off. I'm not using an STB, it's coming straight from the wall. MCE correctly sees the cable signal, and I can select my provider, so it sees the correct channels. However, it is completely off by the program listing. Last night it told me The Matrix was on USA when in fact it was Starship Troopers. Of course, the Zap2It guide on channel 3 was right on the money. Has anyone seen anything like this?

I can't play any mp3's or video files in MCE either, though I haven't tried them in MCE10 yet. All the files are located on my file server, and though I've mapped the share and can see them after adding them to MCE, they won't play. I can't remember the exact error, will play around with it tonight.

That's a lot of questions. SHould I post a new thread?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I've been following this forum for quite some time, and am a bit excited to finally be able to play with what you're playing with.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.