1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HTPC:

# CPU: Athlon X2 4850e ADH4850DOBOX 45W Brisbane 2.5GHz Socket AM2+

# MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G chipset microATX

# GRAPHICS: ATI Radeon HD 3200 (integrated in the motherboard chipset)

# CASE: Antec NSK2480

# TV: MYHD MDP 130

# AUDIO: M-Audio (can't remember the model #)

# PROJECTOR: Sharp DT 510.

# X-BOX 360

I plan on using the HDMI out from the motherboard into the projector. I know that HDMI includes an audio signal; will this be a problem since the projector has no speakers? I plan on using the out from my soundcard into my preamp.

I'll plug the MYHD MDP 130 into the VGA input on the projector.

X-BOX 360 will be plugged into the component inputs on the projector.

My primary goal is to watch Bluray rips, DVD rips, DIVX, and play .mp3 through this system. I figure using VMC is the easiest way to do this. I realize that I won't be able to streamline my tuner with VMC. Does anybody with experience with the card claim this to be a huge drawback? How much of a pain will that be?

How difficult is it to setup VMC to play my rips like .mkv and dvd rips?

I'm not very good with understanding codecs like ffdshow. Is it difficult to setup VMC with optimal codecs?

Any glaring flaws with my setup anyone can notice?

·
Registered
379 Posts
You should be good with the connections.

I've no idea about the tuner.

I recommend you try MPC HC, it has most of the codecs you'll need to play most formats. You may also need Haali and CoreAVC if you plan to play mkv's.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You'll be limited to Bob or Weave deinterlacing methods by just using the onboard video and the 4850e processor. If you want full vector adaptive deinterlacing then either drop in a Phenom processor or add an HD 4550 video card. You'll definitely notice the quality increase on a projector. Of course, this will probably only matter when watching 1080i on your tuner.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
You'll definitely notice the quality increase on a projector. Of course, this will probably only matter when watching 1080i on your tuner.

I don't believe this is true; my tuner has a dedicated graphics processor built on and functions independently of other hardware in my computer (more or less).

Confirm / Deny?

·
Registered
77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npeters /forum/post/15442315

I don't believe this is true; my tuner has a dedicated graphics processor built on and functions independently of other hardware in my computer (more or less).

Confirm / Deny?

Does your tuner directly output to your TV/Monitor?

If not, then all video output go through the GPU, which definitely makes a differnce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.